- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 potato (I use Idaho), grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour (I use wheat)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Grate the potato, carrot, sweet potato and zucchini (I use a food mandolin to get matchstick-thin pieces). These are the vegetables I use but feel free to eliminate or substitute with whatever you have on hand.
- Place in a bowl with broccoli and mix well.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible by taking a handful of the veggie mix and squeezing it over sink (I do one handful at a time and transfer into a separate bowl).
- Add flour, salt & pepper and garlic powder to the squeezed vegetables. Mix well.
- Set pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- With hands, make patties about the 2 to 3 inches in diameter and add to pan.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side until patties are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- You Can freeze patties for future meals